Requests for Program Development Funds
Requests to the Vice President for Research (VPR) for program development will be subject to a comprehensive review and evaluation to ensure alignment with the overall guiding principles and strategic mission to advance research, scholarship, and creative work at Texas A&M. Examples include costs associated with large proposal development, equipment purchases for shared and core facilities, operating costs, maintenance contracts and financial support for distinguished postdoctoral fellows such as the Texas A&M NRSA Part-time Employment Program (TPEP) for NIH NRSA Postdoctoral Fellowships.
Following review, the funding requestor will receive written notification of the VPR’s decision.
- In general, priority will be given to funding requests that:
- include a financial contribution from the college/school that is equal to 66% of the request
- are interdisciplinary in nature
- will increase the Texas A&M base of federally funded research, and
- have a fixed time period,
- enhance the visibility of the Texas A&M research enterprise and reputation,
- increase the capacity and capabilities for performing research.
Except in very rare circumstances, the Division of Research does not provide ongoing salary support, bridging or new faculty startup funds.