Special Strategic Projects
Special Strategic Projects (SSP) assists research faculty with proposal development related to strategic priorities of the Division of Research and Texas A&M University with a goal is to increase federal funding research at Texas A&M. Efforts include:
- Assisting faculty and research teams with developing competitive grant proposals to targeted funding opportunities for strategic initiatives of the institution, including HSI funding opportunities.
- Proposal Development: Assisting faculty and research teams with developing competitive grant proposals, associated with
- Strategic Initiatives,
- Internal programs, or
- HSI status.
- Resource Development & Communication: provide faculty support in obtaining data, answers to questions, or linking to resources and programs that may be required or benefit the proposal’s competitiveness and effectiveness when funded.
- Maintain listing of HSI funding opportunities, a new pool of funding when TAMU became an Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) in July 2022.
- Information available in monthly RDS newsletters , funding opportunities, or coffee conversation workshops.
- Developing templates and sample text for IDEA requirements on proposals.
- Linkages & Contacts
- Forming relationships with existing programs, entities, or BI initiatives for targeted proposals.
- Linking researchers to A&M System institutions with similar interests or desired expertise on research proposals