Data Management Plans
Federal Requirements for Data Sharing
The following government agencies have articulated data management or data sharing policies:
- National Science Foundation
- National Institutes of Health
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (See Appendix B of the document for a DMP template)
- NASA (Earth Science)
- National Endowment for the Humanities Office of Digital Humanities
Data Management Plan Tool
The Data Management Plan Tool is a user-friendly, helpful and flexible online tool to help generate data management plans compliant with research sponsor requirements. Select "Get Started," choose Texas A&M, and follow the drop-down menus and logical templates.
NSF Data Management Plans
Specifics on NSF Data Management Plans.
Texas A&M Resources
Texas A&M University Libraries: If there is not an appropriate national, college, or departmental data storage repository, then Texas A&M University's Digital Libraries can assist PIs with data storage. See the Digital Libraries website for information regarding costs, file requirements and preferences, and other details regarding data storage and sharing options.
Additional Data Management Plan Resources
- The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Libraries have created an extensive, helpful online guide to data management and publishing:
- Rice University’s Office of Proposal Development has a Data Management, including links to sample DMPs.
- University of Minnesota's Libraries' Managing Your Data Resource Pages
The University of Minnesota Libraries website provides a useful Summary of Funding Agency Data Management Guidelines.
- Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research Guidelines for Effective Data Management Plans
- Upcoming Events
- Demystifying the NSF! Mar 28, 2017 01:00 PM - 03:30 PM — 103 Henderson Hall
- PDA Bi-Annual General Meeting Apr 03, 2017 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM — MSC
- NSF Broader Impacts Workshop Apr 12, 2017 02:00 PM - 03:30 PM — 103 Henderson Hall
- PDA Networking Event Apr 19, 2017 07:00 PM - 09:00 PM — Taz
- Postdoctoral Professional Development Series: CIRTL: Professional Development Resource for Postdocs Apr 21, 2017 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM