Keck Undergraduate Education Program
Limited Submission Funding Opportunity for Texas A&M Faculty and PIs
W.M. Keck Foundation
Undergraduate Education Program
Limited Submission Program (LSP): This funding opportunity and the Limited Submission Program (LSP) is open to all Texas A&M faculty and Principal Investigators who meet the eligibility requirements. The University and the System Agencies jointly administer this process to select the proposal(s) that will be submitted to the sponsor in response to this solicitation.
Institutional Eligibility: Research universities, medical colleges and major private independent scientific and medical research institutes in Foundation designated areas are eligible.
The proposal will be prepared and submitted by Sponsored Research Services (SRS).
Proposal Limit: 1
Summary: The Foundation’s Undergraduate Education Program promotes distinctive learning and research experiences in science, engineering and the liberal arts at four year undergraduate colleges. Public institutions and research universities located in the designated states may apply but must demonstrate a compelling or unique resource to be competitive. Historically, grants range from $200,000 to $1 million, and are typically under $500,000. On a case by case basis, the Foundation may consider the award of smaller seed grants for planning and piloting.
- Foster new levels of student engagement and understanding, especially through active learning and collaborative curriculum development.
- Expand interdisciplinary activities in balance with needs of each discipline.
- Incorporate research activities into the curriculum and raise the bar of expectations regarding publications and presentations by undergraduates.
- Enhance science and technology literacy for students in all disciplines.
- Develop new ways to stimulate critical thinking and other core competencies of a liberal arts education.
June 24, 2016
Deadline for an email of intent including the title of the internal proposal and a 1-3 sentence description of the project.
Send email of intent to firstname.lastname@example.org
July 1, 2016
Deadline to submit an internal proposal.
All proposals for the LSP must be submitted electronically using the e-proposal on-line application system. Be prepared to upload your internal proposal. The sections will include a one page concept paper and one page program priorities justification.
Keck Foundation Concept Paper Guidelines:
Single-paged concepts should be in 12 point font with 1 inch margins and should include:
If there’s room, the authors are free to add other details (e.g., background to put the research into perspective, description of the institution’s prominence in the field, etc.). Avoid illustrations in these single-pagers – the researchers will need all the room for text. If a reference is necessary, abbreviate it as (Science, 323, 45, ‘11). DO NOT USE (Jones et al., 2011).
The e-proposal site is password protected. Texas A&M principal investigators may use their NetID and password to access the system. If you do not have a NetID, click HERE for help to activate your NetID. You will need your UIN and your date of birth.
email@example.com or 979.862.2233.
August 15, 2016
Target date for the notifications to PIs of the result of the internal competition.
November 1, 2016
Sponsor deadline for the Phase I Application.
Internal Selection Procedures:
Texas A&M University has established a procedure to identify limited submission opportunities and internally select proposals for Texas A&M submissions. Please contact us if you have any questions about the limited submission process.
- Upcoming Events
- Demystifying the NSF! Mar 28, 2017 01:00 PM - 03:30 PM — 103 Henderson Hall
- PDA Bi-Annual General Meeting Apr 03, 2017 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM — MSC
- NSF Broader Impacts Workshop Apr 12, 2017 02:00 PM - 03:30 PM — 103 Henderson Hall
- PDA Networking Event Apr 19, 2017 07:00 PM - 09:00 PM — Taz
- Postdoctoral Professional Development Series: CIRTL: Professional Development Resource for Postdocs Apr 21, 2017 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM