William T. Grant Foundation Scholars Program
William T. Grant Foundation
Limited Submission Program (LSP): This funding opportunity and the Limited Submission Program (LSP) is open to all Texas A&M University faculty and principal investigators who meet the eligibility requirements. Texas A&M and The Texas A&M University System agencies jointly administer this process to select the proposal(s) that will be submitted to the sponsor in response to this solicitation.
Institutional Eligibility: An institution may nominate more than one candidate, but only one applicant may be nominated from a major division of an institution each year (e.g., College of Arts and Sciences, Medical School).
- Applicants must have received their terminal degree within seven years of submitting their application. We calculate this by adding seven years to the date the doctoral degree was conferred. In medicine, the seven-year maximum is dated from the completion of the first residency.
- Applicants must be employed in career-ladder positions. For many applicants, this means holding a tenure-track position in a university. Applicants in other types of organizations should be in positions in which there is a pathway to advancement in a research career at the organization and the organization is fiscally responsible for the applicant’s position. The award may not be used as a post-doctoral fellowship.
- Applicants outside the United States are eligible. As with U.S. applicants, they must pursue research that has compelling policy or practice implications for youth in the United States.
- Applicants of any discipline are eligible.
The proposal will be prepared and submitted by Sponsored Research Services (SRS).
Proposal Limit: 1 per college or major division
Summary: The William T. Grant Scholars Program is for early-career researchers in the social, behavioral, and health sciences. We encourage Scholars to tackle important questions that will advance theory, policy, and practice for youth. Applicants identify new methods, disciplines, or content they want to learn, and propose five-year research plans that foster their growth in those areas. We recognize that early-career researchers are rarely given incentives or support to take such risks, so this award includes a mentoring component. Potential Scholars should have a promising track record of conducting high-quality research, but want to pursue a significant shift in their trajectories as researchers.
May 11, 2015
Deadline for an email of intent including the title of the internal proposal and a one to three sentence description of the project.
Send email of intent to firstname.lastname@example.org
May 13, 2015
Deadline to submit an internal proposal.
All proposals for the LSP must be submitted electronically using the e-proposal on-line application system.
Be prepared to upload your internal proposal. The sections will include a one-three page research plan summary, two-page bio-sketch, and preliminary budget.
The e-proposal site is password protected. Texas A&M principal investigators may use their NetID and password to access the system. If you do not have a NetID, click HERE for help to activate your NetID. You will need your UIN and your date of birth.
email@example.com or 979.862.2233.
June 3, 2015
Target date for the notifications to PIs of the result of the internal competition.
July 8, 2015
Sponsor deadline for the full proposal.
Internal Selection Procedures:
Texas A&M has established a procedure to identify limited submission opportunities and internally select proposals for Texas A&M submissions. Please contact us if you have any questions about the limited submission process.
- Upcoming Events
- Postdoctoral Professional Development Series: Communicating Science to Non-Scientists Mar 27, 2017 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM
- Demystifying the NSF! Mar 28, 2017 01:00 PM - 03:30 PM — 103 Henderson Hall
- PDA Bi-Annual General Meeting Apr 03, 2017 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM — MSC
- NSF Broader Impacts Workshop Apr 12, 2017 02:00 PM - 03:30 PM — 103 Henderson Hall
- PDA Networking Event Apr 19, 2017 07:00 PM - 09:00 PM — Taz