Two-Year $100,000 Postdoctoral Cancer Research Fellowship
Ladies Auxiliary to the Veterans of Foreign Wars
Limited Submission Program (LSP): This funding opportunity and the Limited Submission Program (LSP) is open to all Texas A&M University faculty and principal investigators who meet the eligibility requirements. Texas A&M and The Texas A&M University System agencies jointly administer this process to select the proposal(s) that will be submitted to the sponsor in response to this solicitation.
Institutional Eligibility: United States universities, hospitals, and other institutions are invited to nominate one individual who meets the criteria.
1. Applicant must be a United States citizen. (The nominator does not have to be.)
2. Must be nominated by the person who will be supervising the lab in which the researcher will be working.
3. Must be qualified in a specific cancer-related specialty and proposed research project must be cancer-related.
4. Candidate must have a doctoral degree by July 1, 2014. If candidate does not have the degree by the time of
application, please indicate date expected on the application form. (No later than July 1, 2014.)
5. Proposed research must be the principal professional responsibility of the recipient during the fellowship.
The proposal will be prepared and submitted by Sponsored Research Services (SRS).
Proposal Limit: 1
Summary: The Ladies Auxiliary VFW presents an opportunity for researchers to devote two years, full-time to making new discoveries about cancer.
January 22, 2014: Deadline for an email of intent including the title of the internal proposal and a one to three sentence description of the project.
Send email of intent to firstname.lastname@example.org
January 24, 2014: Deadline to submit an internal proposal.
All proposals for the LSP must be submitted electronically using the e-proposal on-line application system.
Be prepared to upload your internal proposal. The sections will include a one-three page research plan summary, two-page bio-sketch, and preliminary budget.
The e-proposal site is password protected. Texas A&M principal investigators may use their NetID and password to access the system. If you do not have a NetID, click HERE for help to activate your NetID. You will need your UIN and your date of birth.
If you have any questions, please contact: email@example.com or 979.862.2233.
February 12, 2014: Target date for the notifications to PIs of the result of the internal competition.
March 1, 2014: Sponsor deadline for the full application.
Internal Selection Procedures:
Texas A&M has established a procedure to identify limited submission opportunities and internally select proposals for Texas A&M submissions. Please contact us if you have any questions about the limited submission process.
- Upcoming Events
- Competing for NIH Postdoctoral Fellowships Jan 20, 2017 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM — 601 Rudder Tower
- Onsite Group Workshop for the 2017 NIH Grant Proposal-Writing Program Jan 25, 2017 08:00 AM - 12:00 PM — Rudder Tower, Room 301
- Writing Successful Proposals Mar 02, 2017 01:00 PM - 04:00 PM — 103 Henderson Hall
- NSF CAREER Proposal Writer’s Group Inaugural Meeting Mar 22, 2017 01:00 PM - 03:30 PM — 103 Henderson Hall
- Demystifying the NSF! Mar 28, 2017 01:00 PM - 03:30 PM — 103 Henderson Hall