NSF Mock Review Panel and Q&A
Apr 22, 2015
from 02:30 PM to 04:00 PM
|Where||Rudder Tower 401|
|Contact Name||Jason Whisenant|
|Add event to calendar||
Click here to register for a National Science Foundation (NSF) Mock Review Panel demonstration, convened by Dr. Andreea Trache, Associate Professor, College of Medicine, on April 22 at 2:30 p.m., in Rudder Tower, Room 401.
Registration closes at noon on April 22. (SEE FLYER)
The session will include the following:
- Brief overview of the National Science Foundation proposal cycle and review panel process - Dr. Andreea Trache
- Mock review panel session - Texas A&M researchers (see list below) , who have served previously on actual NSF review panels, will participate in a "mock review panel" session demonstration to provide attendees an informed perspective on how review panels are conducted at the NSF and what panelists look for when they discuss and assess proposals.
- Open Q&A session with the mock panelists - At the conclusion of the mock panel session, the mock panelists will answer questions from attendees about the mock session or other questions related to the NSF review process.
The panelists are:
o Dr. Paul de Figueiredo, associate professor, Department of Microbial Pathogenesis and Immunology, College of Medicine.
o Dr. Geoffrey Kapler, professor and chair, Department of Molecular and Cellular Medicine, College of Medicine.
o Dr. Kathryn Ryan, assistant professor, Department of Biology, College of Science.
o Dr. Andreea Trache, associate professor, Department of Medical Physiology, College of Medicine, who will also serve as the program director for the mock panel demonstration. Dr. Trache has also served previously on review panels for NSF CAREER proposals and has served on temporary assignment as a Program Director at the National Science Foundation through the Intergovernmental Personnel Act (IPA).
- Upcoming Events
- Postdoctoral Professional Development Series: Communicating Science to Non-Scientists Mar 27, 2017 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM
- Demystifying the NSF! Mar 28, 2017 01:00 PM - 03:30 PM — 103 Henderson Hall
- PDA Bi-Annual General Meeting Apr 03, 2017 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM — MSC
- NSF Broader Impacts Workshop Apr 12, 2017 02:00 PM - 03:30 PM — 103 Henderson Hall
- PDA Networking Event Apr 19, 2017 07:00 PM - 09:00 PM — Taz