Healthy Aging Research Interest Group
All researchers interested in promoting healthy aging are invited to join this research interest group.
Research Networking Event
Wednesday, Oct. 19, 2016
Bethancourt Ballrooms 2300AB, MSC
Also available via TTVN.
Open to all principal investigators, faculty, and research staff.
Oral presentations will be broadcast via TTVN where requested.
Conveners of the Healthy Aging Research Interest Group (R.I.G.) are pleased to invite you to a Research Networking Event on Wednesday, October 19, from 1:30-4:30 p.m. in Bethancourt Ballroom A&B-MSC 2300 on the campus of Texas A&M University in College Station.
Texas A&M researchers interested in interfacing with other investigators to build collaborations in healthy aging research, with the ultimate goal of developing competitive interdisciplinary proposals to federal agencies. The event includes a networking reception, research presentations, breakout discussions, and a poster session.
- Networking Reception
- Research Presentations
Researchers who have not made a two-minute presentation at a prior Healthy Aging event are encouraged to do so now. All presenters will be given two minutes and one PowerPoint slide to present “lightning talks” on their research related to healthy aging. Note to registrants: Please be prepared to provide a title and brief summary of your presentation on the registration form.
- Breakout Discussions
Facilitator-led breakout tables will provide opportunities for PIs to connect with potential collaborators in thematic areas of healthy aging research. Proposed breakout topics have been provided by Healthy Aging conveners on the registration form, but others may be submitted at the time of registration. Topics garnering the greatest amount of interest will determine the breakout discussion topics, and registrants will be notified of the final tables via email before the event.
- Poster Session
All attendees are invited to present a poster. Poster check-in will be open at 1:00 p.m., giving participants an opportunity to set up posters prior to the start of the networking reception at 1:30 p.m.
Texas A&M Healthy Aging Programs and Centers
- The School of Public Health Program on Healthy Aging
- Department of Health and Kinesiology Center for Translational Research in Aging and Longevity (CTRAL)
Funding Opportunities and Resources:
- NIA Funding Opportunities
- NIA Strategic Directions
- NIA Scientific Resources
- Inside NIA Blog
- National Archive of Computerized Data on Aging
- NIA Population Studies Database
- American Federation for Aging Research
- Alzheimer’s Association
- Grantmakers in Aging
Listserv and Directory:
- Susan Bloomfield, professor, associate dean of research, Department of Health and Kinesiology, College of Education and Human Development
- Dana Gaddy, professor, Department of Veterinary Integrative Biosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
- Julie Masser, director for research strategy and development, College of Liberal Arts
- Marcia Ory, associate dean of research, Regents and Distinguished Professor, Department of Health Promotion and Community Health Sciences, School of Public Health
- Duane Steward, research assistant professor, Center for Biomedical Informatics, College of Medicine
- Open Forum and Networking Event, April 27, 2016 - Flyer
- Open Forum and Networking Event, December 9, 2015 - Flyer, Presentation Slides
For more information, contact:
- Shannon Eyre, administrative coordinator, Division of Research
- Christina Papke, research development officer, Research Development Services, Division of Research
Support for multidisciplinary working groups provided by Dr. Glen A. Laine, vice president for research at Texas A&M University.
- Upcoming Events
- Onsite Group Workshop for the 2017 NIH Grant Proposal-Writing Program Jan 25, 2017 08:00 AM - 12:00 PM — Rudder Tower, Room 301
- Writing Successful Proposals Mar 02, 2017 01:00 PM - 04:00 PM — 103 Henderson Hall
- NSF CAREER Proposal Writer’s Group Inaugural Meeting Mar 22, 2017 01:00 PM - 03:30 PM — 103 Henderson Hall
- Demystifying the NSF! Mar 28, 2017 01:00 PM - 03:30 PM — 103 Henderson Hall
- NSF Broader Impacts Workshop Apr 12, 2017 02:00 PM - 03:30 PM — 103 Henderson Hall