Translating Investment into 21st Century Innovation
Innovations from The Texas A&M University System agencies, like the Texas A&M Transportation Institute (TTI), save lives as well as dollars. Some 540,000 TTI-patented highway safety devices in use around the nation are credited with saving more than 10,000 lives.
Cited nationally for “tangible contributions to the public interest,” Texas A&M remains true to its land-grant mission. Texas A&M turns discovery into deeds, develops tools and expertise designed for real-world applications, and delivers products and services that improve the lives of Texans.
- Licensed A&M System technologies to 107 start-up companies.
- Worked with more than 4,000 inventors to review and assess almost 4,000 disclosed technologies and discoveries.
- Successfully negotiated 1,029 licenses and 316 option agreements with 906 companies.
- Obtained 1,391 issued patents.
- Generated $57.5 million in licensing revenues in the last five years.
Source: Texas A&M Technology Commercialization