Research Specialist V
Bachelor’s degree plus twelve years of experience in a field relevant to the duties and responsibilities of the assignment. (Master’s degree is equivalent to two years of experience)
Commensurate with qualifications. The Division of Research suggests a starting salary within lower or middle bands. Requests for salaries outside of the lower or middle bands should include justification for the amount.
Pay Grade: 14
Lower Band: $61,012.00 – $78,416.00
Middle Band: $78,416.01 – $95,846.40
Upper Band: $95,846.41 – $113,308.00
Effective January 1, 2020, in accordance with FLSA guidelines, an employee whose salary is below $35,568 per year ($2,964 per month or $684 per week) is considered non-exempt. The employee will be paid biweekly and will receive overtime compensation for hours physically worked in excess of 40 hours per week.
Principal Investigator, Department, College, Vice President for Research
Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Specialist V, under general direction performs research work involving performance of assignments which may involve planning and directing certain phases of research project. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provides research expertise. Conducts various tests or experiments requiring creativity, foresight, and judgment. Performs complex analysis and examinations.
- Compiles, analyzes, interprets, and reviews complex data and metadata. Collects samples, performs analysis on samples, and extracts measurement data from experiments. Implements and maintains data collection and summarization of field trials.
- Assists Investigator with the planning and direction of specific phases of research project.
- Develops and maintains training materials for external users. Trains students or others in laboratory and field research and methods. Audits protocols.
- Integrates resources, policies, and information for the determination of procedures, solutions, and other outcomes.
- May attend local, national, and international meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position generally does not supervise employees. Specific duties should be listed on the position description portion of the Workday Business Process.
For questions, please contact Tom Owen in Research Enterprise Business Services.