Appropriate bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Commensurate with qualifications. The Division of Research suggests a starting salary within the lower or middle bands. Requests for salaries outside of the lower or middle bands should include justification for the amount.
Pay Grade: 5
Lower Band: $23,912.00 – $30,721.60
Middle Band: $30,721.61 – $37,544.00
Upper Band: $37,544.01 – $44,408.00
Effective January 1, 2020, in accordance with FLSA guidelines, an employee whose salary is below $35,568 per year ($2,964 per month or $684 per week) is considered non-exempt. The employee will be paid biweekly and will receive overtime compensation for hours physically worked in excess of 40 hours per week.
Principal Investigator, Department, College, Vice President for Research
Duties and Responsibilities
Performs skilled, administrative, and managerial support in research. Plans and directs certain phases in a research project. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Assists in the design, planning, and coordinating of experiments in support of various research projects.
- Selects and applies standard techniques of routine research and keeps detailed records of data.
- Uses computers and laboratory or technical equipment to perform data analysis, statistical analysis, and technical evaluation of research experiments and results.
- Evaluates and summarizes results.
- Assists in preparing and writing proposals to funding agencies; maintains financial accounts related to research projects.
- Assists undergraduate and/or graduate students and other laboratory, technical or field staff involved in research.
- Installs, operates, maintains, and/or repairs research equipment.
- Assists with reports, invoices, and cataloging records.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
This position reports to the principal investigator or project leader and generally does not supervise employees. Specific duties should be listed on the position description portion of the Workday Business Process.
For questions, please contact Tom Owen in Research Enterprise Business Services.