Office of HSI and Inclusivity Research Services
The Office of Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and Inclusivity Research Services assists research faculty with proposal development for HSI federal funding. The Office’s Goal is to increase knowledge of and accessibility to resources for the Texas A&M Research community and assist with research proposals targeting HSIs and/or inclusivity.
Inclusivity can be defined as including all types of people, things or ideas and treating them all fairly and equally. We also work with Texas A&M’s Office for Diversity on the university’s HSI Priorities (scroll down link for listing).
Activities and services of the office include:
- Proposal Development
- Working with researchers and their teams to strategically develop HSI proposals.
- Helping develop text related to HSI or DEI requirements for proposals.
Template on A&M as HSI with data
- Resource Development & Communication
- Creating resources to enhance development of required diversity, equity, and inclusion proposal components.
- Expanding communication and knowledge of HSI funding opportunities electronically.
- Linkages & Contacts
- Forming relationships with existing programs to link and leverage in HSI proposals.
- Linking researchers to A&M System HSI institutions with similar interests or desired expertise