Anyone concerned with an animal’s welfare or is aware of non-compliance with policies, rules, regulations, and laws regarding animal care and use for research, teaching, or testing may contact a member of the Texas A&M Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC), the Attending Veterinarian, or Animal Welfare Office staff. It is the goal of Texas A&M to ensure all animals are treated humanely and in accordance with the PHS Policy and Animal Welfare Act.
All allegations of animal abuse, misuse, mistreatment, or noncompliance are taken seriously and investigated by the IACUC, even if the complainant chooses to remain anonymous. When a concern is reported, immediate steps are taken to ensure that the animal care and use in question is appropriate and that the highest animal welfare standards are maintained at all times.
Concerns may be relayed to the IACUC, the Attending Veterinarian or designee, or Animal Welfare Office staff through the contacts below:
- IACUC Chair/Animal Welfare Office: (979) 845-1828, (979) 862-3176 (fax), email@example.com
- Contacts for AV/Designee Contact by campus:
- College Station (CMP): (979) 845-7433 or (979) 845-.6488
- Dallas (ARU): (214) 828-8149
- Galveston (Sea Life Facility): (409) 740-4574
- Houston (PAR): (713) 677-7471
- Kingsville (PRF): (361) 221-0770
You may also submit a concern online. Click here to complete an animal concern submission form.
Or submit a report to Texas A&M EthicsPoint (not for events presenting an immediate threat to life or property).