Texas A&M names Trache to lead new Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
Sent on behalf of Interim Vice President for Research Jack G. Baldauf
To members of the Texas A&M research community:
The Division of Research has established a new faculty-fellow position to direct Texas A&M University’s recently created Office of Postdoctoral Affairs, which will serve as our central resource for issues related to postdoctoral research.
To fill this position, we have selected Associate Professor Andreea Trache, a faculty member with both the Department of Medical Physiology, College of Medicine, and the Department of Biomedical Engineering, College of Engineering. Gerianne Alexander, associate vice president for research and professor in the Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, College of Liberal Arts, will collaborate with Dr. Trache on this new initiative.
Under her leadership, the new office will:
- Advocate for postdoctoral researchers.
- Provide access to professional-development training.
- Create career-development opportunities in academic and other professional settings.
- Work closely with the university’s postdoctoral associations to address the interests and concerns of postdoctoral scholars.
- Educate the campus community on issues related to postdoctoral training.
- Collaborate with local offices and national organizations to address the unique needs of postdoctoral researchers.