Announcing a New Disclosure System in Huron
We are pleased to announce the new disclosure system hosted by Huron Research Suite will be used to centralize Financial Conflict of Interest and Conflict of Commitment disclosures, as well as Faculty Consulting/External Employment approval requests. You will log in to Huron with your existing NetID/UIN via SSO. Important items to note:
- Financial Conflicts of Interest: annual disclosures were previously created in Maestro. Going forward, all new disclosures will be completed in Huron. This includes disclosures that need to be updated, and disclosures as they expire in Maestro.
- Conflict of Commitment: annual disclosures previously utilized a hard copy form. Going forward, this will now be captured in Huron.
- External Employment: Approval requests required under 31.05.01.M1 Faculty Consulting and/or External Professional Employment (TAMUS 31.05.01 Faculty Consulting and/or External Professional Employment and 31.05.02 External Employment) will no longer utilize the hard copy paper form. Approval will now be requested via the Huron Pre-Approval request module, and will route for approvals within Huron.
Important changes to note:
- All faculty and staff will be required to complete a disclosure in Huron. Investigators will see an additional set of questions that will meet the FCOI requirement that was previously captured in Maestro.
- We have set up trainings with many departments across campus to assist faculty and staff with this new process. If we have not yet scheduled your unit, please reach out to us at email@example.com and we will get you on our schedule.
For additional information, including user guides, please see our website.