2020 - Agilent Early Career Professor Award
Agilent Early Career Professor Award
2020 Focus: Contributions to the development of breakthrough live cell analysis technologies for measuring cellular responses to chemical/pharmaceutical treatments and genetic manipulations, including those that could advance cell-based therapies.
Limited Submission Program (LSP): This funding opportunity and the Limited Submission Program (LSP) is open to all Texas A&M University faculty and principal investigators who meet the eligibility requirements. Texas A&M and The Texas A&M University System agencies jointly administer this process to select the proposal(s) that will be submitted to the sponsor in response to this solicitation.
Institutional Eligibility: We accept nominations from top schools globally. A discriminating filter on the university side will help to protect the valuable time of your most talented young faculty who might apply for this competitive award. For that reason we invite many top universities to nominate one candidate. Of course, if your university is so fortunate as to have two world-leading early career professors in the area of this call, please do nominate both. We do not restrict nominations other than by the published criteria, and we will with great appreciation consider all nominations.
PI Eligibility: The titles accorded to faculty on the path to full professor can vary. Typically, assistant professor is the first “tenure-track” position at U.S. and Canadian universities. Consequently, it is usually the case that research associates, research professors, adjunct professors, etc. are not eligible for this award.
The proposal will be prepared and submitted by Sponsored Research Services (SRS).
Proposal Limit: One nomination, but, if your university is so fortunate as to have two world-leading early career professors in the area of this call, please do nominate both.
The purpose of the Agilent Early Career Professor Award is to:
- Promote and encourage excellent research enabling measurements of importance to Agilent Technologies and the world
- Establish strong collaborative relationships between Agilent researchers and leading professors early in their career
- Build the prominence of Agilent as a sponsor of university research
- Significant original research contributions enabling measurements of importance to Agilent Technologies and the world
- Outstanding potential for future research
- Alignment with the 2020 Focus: Contributions to the development of breakthrough live cell analysis technologies for measuring cellular responses to chemical/pharmaceutical treatments and genetic manipulations, including those that could advance cell-based therapies.
- Professor completion of Ph.D. (or completion of residency for M.D. or M.D. – Ph.D.) no earlier than January 2010. See FAQ
- An unrestricted research award of $100,000 to be distributed in 2 years to university in the professor’s name
- Engraved plaque commemorating award
- Recognition on Agilent’s website
|January 3, 2020
Deadline for an email of intent including the title of the internal proposal and a one to three sentence description of the project. Send email of intent to email@example.com
|January 7, 2020
Deadline to submit an internal proposal.All proposals for the LSP must be submitted electronically using the e-proposal on-line application system.Be prepared to upload your internal proposal. The sections will include a research plan summary (3 pages max not including references), two-page bio-sketch (per PI), and preliminary budget.The e-proposal site is password protected. Texas A&M principal investigators may use their NetID and password to access the system. If you do not have a NetID, click HERE for help to activate your NetID. You will need your UIN and your date of birth. Once you log-in to e-proposal, choose “Limited Submission Grant” from the Available Grants section.
If you have any questions, please contact:firstname.lastname@example.org or 979.862.2233.
|January 28, 2020
Target date for the notifications to PIs of the result of the internal competition.
|February 28, 2020
Sponsor deadline for the full proposal.
Internal Selection Procedures:
Texas A&M has established a procedure to identify limited submission opportunities and internally select proposals