Research Specialist I
Bachelor’s degree plus four years of experience in a field relevant to the duties and responsibilities of the assignment. (Master’s degree is equivalent to two years of experience)
Commensurate with qualifications. The Division of Research suggests a starting salary within lower or middle bands. Requests for salaries outside of the lower or middle bands should include justification for the amount.
Pay Grade: 10
Lower Band: $40,712.00 - $52,312.00
Middle Band: $52,312.01 - $63,960.00
Upper Band: $63,960.01 - $75,608.00
In accordance with FLSA guidelines, an employee whose salary is below $23,660 per year ($1,971.66 per month) is considered non-exempt. The employee will be paid biweekly and will receive overtime compensation for hours physically worked in excess of 40 hours per week. Proposed changes to FLSA guidelines could change the salary threshold to $47,476 per year ($3,956.34 per month) pending a court injunction. This page will be updated if and when there are changes to FLSA Guidelines.
Principal Investigator, Department, College, Vice President for Research
Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Specialist I, under general supervision performs semi-skilled, technical support research work involving performance of assignments requiring modification and adaptation to routine procedures. Work is performed under general supervision with evaluation based on the successful completion of tasks assigned. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Compiles and reviews data and metadata.
- Collects samples and measurement data from experiments. Implements and maintains data collection and summarization of field trials.
- Performs analysis and tests. Makes and records observations and scientific measurement.
- Extracts, collects and compiles data. Computes quantitates and extends projections.
- Develops and maintains training materials for external users.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position generally does not supervise employees. Specific duties should be listed on the position description portion of the RPA form.
For questions, please contact Joe Ashworth in Research Enterprise Business Services.