The Biosafety Occupational Health Program provides respiratory protection services for personnel that work with biohazards and/or animals.
For questions about respiratory protection and/or the fit-testing process, email BOHP staff or call 979-845-6649.
- The respiratory protection process begins with the completion of the respiratory protection medical clearance questionnaire.
- Completed questionnaires are then reviewed by the university’s occupational health physician (OHP). The OHP will provide documentation of medical clearance to BOHP.
- Once medical clearance has been provided, BOHP will schedule the individual for a fit test appointment (for an N95 disposable respirator) and/or assign the individual Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) training online.
- Medical clearance and fit testing must be done annually for as long as the individual has a potential exposure that requires use of respiratory protection.
- Participants will receive an email notification when it is time to renew their clearance and fit test.
Contact Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) for guidance and advice on respiratory protection for potential chemical exposures.