Who Must Enroll in BOHP?
- Personnel (i.e. principal investigators, research staff, student workers, etc.) who will participate in IBC approved activities with infectious biohazards (i.e., human pathogens) and/or who will work in a BSL-2 or BSL-3 laboratory.
- Personnel (i.e. principal investigators, research staff, student workers) identified on an Animal Use Protocol (AUP) and who will have exposure to animals in their work environment.
- Operations personnel (i.e. animal care staff, animal technicians, student workers) that handle animals or are exposed to animals and/or animal materials in the work environment.
- Staff members that regularly enter lab spaces where biohazards and/or animals are present (i.e. IBC, IACUC, and EHS staff).
- Visitors that will work in BSL-2 or BSL-3 laboratories and/or with animals or animal materials.
- Visit the secure, online Biosafety Occupational Health Web Portal
- From the portal homepage, login using your NetId Username and password.
- Once logged into the portal, update your profile information (phone number, email address, etc.) as necessary, complete your BOHP enrollment questionnaire, and review any previous BOHP questionnaires you have submitted.
Tips for completing the BOHP enrollment questionnaire
- Make sure to update your profile before you begin the questionnaire. Check to make sure the email address and phone number(s) listed on your profile are current and correct.
- When completing the annual update, review the previous year’s questionnaire before you begin. This will help ensure you answer the annual update questions accurately.
- If you have questions about the work environment section of the questionnaire, ask your supervisor for assistance.
- If you have questions about the BOHP enrollment questionnaire process, or have trouble submitting the form, email BOHP staff or call 979-845-6649.
Visitors that do not receive a NetID will not have access to the BOHP web portal, and will not be able to complete the online enrollment questionnaire. Visitors should contact BOHP and request the visitor enrollment form.
An initial BOHP enrollment questionnaire should be completed before an individual begins working in a BSL-2 or BSL-3 laboratory and/or with animals or animal materials.
BOHP enrollment questionnaires should be updated annually thereafter, or when there are any changes to one’s work duties and/or personal health.
Personnel will receive an email notification when it is time to update their enrollment.