The Division of Research will offer two $500 merit-based travel awards per semester. The Postdoctoral Scholar Travel Award Committee, which will include two postdoctoral scholars and two faculty members, will evaluate applications.
If you are attending a conference or professional meeting between July and December, applications are due May 15. The notification for the award will be on June 15.
If you are attending a conference or professional meeting between January and June, applications are due November 15. The notification for the award will be on December 15.
If these dates fall on a holiday or weekend, the deadline is automatically extended to the following business day.
- Must have an appointment at Texas A&M University
- Must be an active member of the Texas A&M postdoc community. Previous semester involvement is required, thus first semester postdocs are not eligible for the award.*
- Postdocs are limited to one award per fiscal year.
* This requirement will be waived for the May 15, 2016, and November 15, 2016, deadlines.
Required Application and Supplements
- Completed Travel Award Application. In the application you must specify the source from which expenses over $500 would be covered, such as a department or faculty mentor. You must also provide a brief essay that describes your field of study and how this conference is important to your career development.
- Abstract for conference or professional meeting
- Current CV
- Letter of support from a faculty mentor or a departmental advisor
- Evidence of commitment to career and professional development
- Participation in at least one postdoc event related to career or professional development at Texas A&M per semester prior to the award. Registration is required for most postdoc events and attendance is taken.
- Evidence that the conference is relevant to your field of study and career development.
- Evaluation of merit
- Merit will be judged in part by the meeting abstract and letter of support. Abstract submission, verification, and receipt of conference attendance are required to claim and award.
- Submitted CV, which should include publications, grant awards, honors, etc. also will be considered when selecting award recipients.
- Every applicant must be the presenting author on the conference abstract.d. Conference must be professional in nature.
- Demonstration of participation in postdoc-related events at Texas A&M, such as registration and attendance for postdoc events.
- Letter of support, CV, abstract, and completed application
Evaluation of Merit: Abstract and Support Letter
- Quality of submitted abstract
- Impact or innovation of research
Evaluation of Merit: CV
- Research accomplishments
- Publication record
- Awards or honors
Evaluation of Essay
- Description of your field of study
- Description of the meeting's relevance to your field