Two-Year $100,000 Postdoctoral Cancer Research Fellowship
Ladies Auxiliary to the Veterans of Foreign Wars
Limited Submission Program (LSP): This funding opportunity and the Limited Submission Program (LSP) is open to all Texas A&M University faculty and principal investigators who meet the eligibility requirements. Texas A&M and The Texas A&M University System agencies jointly administer this process to select the proposal(s) that will be submitted to the sponsor in response to this solicitation.
Institutional Eligibility: United States universities, hospitals, and other institutions are invited to nominate one individual who meets the criteria.
1. Applicant must be a United States citizen. (The nominator does not have to be.)
2. Must be nominated by the person who will be supervising the lab in which the researcher will be working.
3. Must be qualified in a specific cancer-related specialty and proposed research project must be cancer-related.
4. Candidate must have a doctoral degree by July 1, 2014. If candidate does not have the degree by the time of
application, please indicate date expected on the application form. (No later than July 1, 2014.)
5. Proposed research must be the principal professional responsibility of the recipient during the fellowship.
The proposal will be prepared and submitted by Sponsored Research Services (SRS).
Proposal Limit: 1
Summary: The Ladies Auxiliary VFW presents an opportunity for researchers to devote two years, full-time to making new discoveries about cancer.
January 22, 2014: Deadline for an email of intent including the title of the internal proposal and a one to three sentence description of the project.
Send email of intent to email@example.com
January 24, 2014: Deadline to submit an internal proposal.
All proposals for the LSP must be submitted electronically using the e-proposal on-line application system.
Be prepared to upload your internal proposal. The sections will include a one-three page research plan summary, two-page bio-sketch, and preliminary budget.
The e-proposal site is password protected. Texas A&M principal investigators may use their NetID and password to access the system. If you do not have a NetID, click HERE for help to activate your NetID. You will need your UIN and your date of birth.
If you have any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 979.862.2233.
February 12, 2014: Target date for the notifications to PIs of the result of the internal competition.
March 1, 2014: Sponsor deadline for the full application.
Internal Selection Procedures:
Texas A&M has established a procedure to identify limited submission opportunities and internally select proposals for Texas A&M submissions. Please contact us if you have any questions about the limited submission process.
- Upcoming Events
- PDA Bi-Annual General Meeting Apr 03, 2017 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM — MSC
- NSF Broader Impacts Workshop Apr 12, 2017 02:00 PM - 03:30 PM — 103 Henderson Hall
- PDA Networking Event Apr 19, 2017 07:00 PM - 09:00 PM — Taz
- Postdoctoral Professional Development Series: CIRTL: Professional Development Resource for Postdocs Apr 21, 2017 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM
- PDA - BioScience Writers Workshop Apr 28, 2017 08:40 AM — TBD