Planning Grants for the NIH National Research Mentoring Network (NRMN) (P20)
National Institutes of Health
Limited Submission Program: This funding opportunity and the Limited Submission Program (LSP) is open to all Texas A&M University faculty and principal investigators (PIs) who meet the eligibility requirements. The University and The Texas A&M University System agencies jointly administer this process to select the proposal(s) that will be submitted to the sponsor in response to this solicitation.
Institutional Eligibility: Only one application per institution, identified by a unique DUNS number, is allowed.
The proposal will be prepared and submitted by Sponsored Research Services (SRS).
Proposal Limit: 1
Summary: The purpose of this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is to encourage organizations with experience in the mentorship of individuals underrepresented in the biomedical research workforce to submit planning grant applications for the NIH National Research Mentoring Network (NRMN). The NRMN will establish a nationwide consortium to provide networking and mentorship experiences for individuals from backgrounds underrepresented in biomedical research from the undergraduate to junior faculty level. Planning grant applications must propose a plan to develop the partnerships and infrastructure needed to be competitive for the NRMN initiative.
Planning grants are expected to include the following activities, but participants are encouraged to propose additional planning activities if they will contribute to the development of a robust NRMN application:
- Development of partnerships between relevant organizations, including academic institutions, professional societies, student organizations, and/or mentoring organizations, for the purposes of establishing a single, unified health research mentoring network
- Assessment of the existing mentoring and training capacity of institutions and/or organizations within the proposed network and an analysis of how successful activities may be effectively extended through the NRMN award
- Identification and/or development of new mentorship activities, such as novel mentoring courses, online tools, social media applications, or other relevant activities, to be included in the multi-year NRMN award application
- Development of strategies to adapt local or small-scale activities for use at a national scale
- Identification and/or development of the infrastructure necessary to conduct or coordinate mentorship activities, including mentor/mentee databases, websites, and virtual meeting capabilities.
April 4, 2013, 5:00 pm: Deadline for an email of intent including the title of the internal proposal and a one to three sentence description of the project.
Send email of intent to firstname.lastname@example.org
April 10, 2013, 5:00 pm: Deadline to submit an internal proposal. All proposals for the LSP must be submitted electronically using the e-proposal on-line application system.
Be prepared to upload your internal proposal. The sections will include a one to three page research plan summary, bio-sketch, and budget (if required).
The e-proposal site is password protected. Texas A&M principal investigators may use their NetID and password to access the system. If you do not have a NetID, from the e-proposal site, click on “Signup,” fill in the pertinent information and an account will be created for you.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com or 979.862.2233.
April 17, 2013: Target date for the notifications to PIs of the result of the internal competition.
May 10, 2013: Sponsor deadline for the full application.
Internal Selection Procedures:
Texas A&M has established a procedure to identify limited submission opportunities and internally select proposals for Texas A&M submissions. Please contact us if you have any questions about the limited submission process.
- Upcoming Events
- PDA Bi-Annual General Meeting Apr 03, 2017 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM — MSC
- NSF Broader Impacts Workshop Apr 12, 2017 02:00 PM - 03:30 PM — 103 Henderson Hall
- PDA Networking Event Apr 19, 2017 07:00 PM - 09:00 PM — Taz
- Postdoctoral Professional Development Series: CIRTL: Professional Development Resource for Postdocs Apr 21, 2017 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM
- PDA - BioScience Writers Workshop Apr 28, 2017 08:40 AM — TBD