Arts & Humanities Fellows Program
The Arts & Humanities Fellows Program was created to stimulate interactions among scholarly and artistic faculty at Texas A&M University as well as nationally and internationally. Induction as an Arts & Humanities Fellow recognizes extraordinary scholarship and creativity and provides faculty a supportive environment through which to advance their scholarship and creative work, and reward scholarly and artistic merit in their chosen discipline. It is also hoped that recognition as a fellow will build, strengthen, and sustain long-term relationships with fellows outside their chosen discipline.
Texas A&M University PI eligible faculty engaged in scholarship in the humanities or creative work in the arts are eligible to apply for a three-year Arts & Humanities Fellows Program fellowship. A faculty member may receive no more than one Arts & Humanities Fellows Program award in a ten-year contiguous period.
Upon Selection as a Arts & Humanities Fellow
Upon selection as a 2017 Arts & Humanities Fellow, faculty will receive a $15,000 fellowship stipend funded in equal disbursements over the three year fellowship period. Additionally, all Arts & Humanities Fellowship Program participants will have a webpage created for them that will include a picture of the fellow, and a description of the work to be funded by their fellowship.
Important dates for the 2017 Arts & Humanities Fellows Program:
- Opening date for the submission of proposals: Oct. 3, 2016.
- Arts & Humanities Fellows Program proposal development seminar: Nov. 1, and 30, 2016 in room 103 of Henderson Hall. (click here for map), 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
- Proposals must be finalized in the E-Proposal system no later than Feb. 20, 2017 by 5:00 p.m. US Central Standard Time. (No late submissions will be accepted)
- Notification of Fellowship awards: Week of May 1-5, 2017.
- Estimated date of grant funding (if no compliance review is necessary): May 15, 2017.
- Arts & Humanities Fellows Program 2017 Request for Proposals (RFP) Webpage
- Please note: The two page limit on CV's accompanying Arts & Humanities Fellows proposals has been lifted. Please feel free to upload a CV that you feel adequately summarizes your work.
- Arts & Humanities Fellows Pages
Questions? Please contact:
Dr. Jim Izat
Arts & Humanities Fellows Program Officer
Division of Research
Research Development Services