Professional Development – STEM
Professional Development in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM)
Target: Junior faculty at Texas A&M University campuses including Galveston and Qatar.
Write a Competitive NSF CAREER Proposal Workshop – TBA
Tenure-track assistant professors in National Science Foundation (NSF)-supported fields are invited to attend a proposal writing workshop hosted by the Division of Research. This workshop targets faculty in fields other than engineering.
The workshop will include an overview of the NSF CAREER solicitation, proposal tips, and breakout sessions based on discipline or college. Handouts from the January 24, 2014 workshop will be provided. Breakout sessions will be led by contacts who will provide follow-up service during the development of your NSF CAREER proposal.
- D.L. Houston Building, Rm 110
200 Discovery Drive
Texas A&M Research Park
- No fee to attend
- Register by emailing Shannon Prescott
NSF CAREER Workshop – TBA
Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station will open their NSF CAREER Workshop to an additional 30 tenure-track assistant professors from other colleges or schools planning to submit to the NSF CAREER Program in July 2014. This is a three part program consisting of:
- NSF CAREER Workshop – TBA. (Registration Required)
- NSF CAREER Solicitation Overview Date – TBD pending release of request for proposal
- Individual proposal writing assistance – College research development staff and DOR Research Development Services
For additional information, contact:
- Workshop Leader: Laurie Garton, Ph.D., TEES/Engineering (email@example.com, 979.458.9282)
- Jean Ann Bowman, Ph.D., Geosciences (firstname.lastname@example.org, 979.845.6100)
- Julie Masser, Liberal Arts (email@example.com, 979.845.6438)
- Jorja Kimball, Ph.D., Research Development Services, DOR (firstname.lastname@example.org, 979.845.1811)