Professional Development for Research Proposal Writing
Professional Development Workshops and Seminars
Target: Faculty with an interest in writing and submitting research and scholarly proposals for funding to internal and external funding agencies.
This component of the Division's Professional Development Program comprises:
- Writing Successful Proposals Workshops
- NSF Broader Impacts Seminar
- PESCA Proposal Writers Workshops
Registration is now open for all events, below.
Writing Successful Proposals Workshops
The 2014 Writing Successful Proposals Workshop video, slides, and handouts are still available.
Each of the two workshops will cover:
- Answering the “Five Big Questions”
- Selling your idea
- Proposal writing best practices
- Library content expert availability
- Sponsored Research Services assistance availability
NSF Broader Impacts Seminar
This seminar will discuss the review criterion that NSF-funded research have broader impacts benefiting society, what activities will satisfy this criterion, and resources to help you design and implement your broader impact activities.
PESCA Proposal Writers Workshops
The 2014 PESCA Proposal Writers Workshop slides and handouts are still available.
Please note: The content of both PESCA Proposal Writers Workshops is identical. Two sessions are being offered for the convenience of faculty.
For additional information, please contact:
- Workshop Leader: Jim Izat, Ph.D., Research Development Services, Division of Research (email@example.com, 979.862.1860)
- Upcoming Events
- Competing for NIH Postdoctoral Fellowships Jan 20, 2017 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM — 601 Rudder Tower
- Onsite Group Workshop for the 2017 NIH Grant Proposal-Writing Program Jan 25, 2017 08:00 AM - 12:00 PM — Rudder Tower, Room 301
- Writing Successful Proposals Mar 02, 2017 01:00 PM - 04:00 PM — 103 Henderson Hall
- NSF CAREER Proposal Writer’s Group Inaugural Meeting Mar 22, 2017 01:00 PM - 03:30 PM — 103 Henderson Hall
- Demystifying the NSF! Mar 28, 2017 01:00 PM - 03:30 PM — 103 Henderson Hall