Senior Research Associate
Appropriate bachelor’s degree and four years of relevant experience. (Master’s degree is equivalent to two years of experience)
Commensurate with qualifications. The Division of Research suggests a starting salary within lower or middle bands. Requests for salaries outside of the lower or middle bands should include justification for the amount.
Pay Grade: 9
Lower Band: $36,512.00 - $46,924.80
Middle Band: $46,924.81 - $57,366.40
Upper Band: $57,366.41 - $67,808.00
In accordance with FLSA guidelines, an employee whose salary is below $23,660 per year ($1,971.66 per month) is considered non-exempt. The employee will be paid biweekly and will receive overtime compensation for hours physically worked in excess of 40 hours per week. Proposed changes to FLSA guidelines could change the salary threshold to $47,476 per year ($3,956.34 per month) pending a court injunction. This page will be updated if and when there are changes to FLSA Guidelines.
Principal Investigator, Department, College, Vice President for Research
Duties and Responsibilities
Performs professional technical, administrative, and managerial research work. Performs independent or supervisory roles in research activities requiring an advanced level of knowledge in a field of science or learning, are predominantly intellectual and varied in character, and require consistent use of discretion and judgment. Prepare proposals for funding agencies, operation of research equipment, supervision of graduate students and other lab/field personnel in research. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Design, plan, conduct and coordinate experiments in support of various research projects.
- Evaluate, select, and apply standard techniques of the research; keep detailed records of data.
- Use computers and laboratory or technical equipment to perform data analysis, statistical analysis, and technical evaluation of research experiments and results.
- Summarize results for inclusion in scientific and clientele oriented publications.
- Prepare and write proposals to funding agencies; maintain financial accounts related to research projects.
- Supervise undergraduate and/or graduate students and other laboratory, technical or field staff involved in research; Coordinates the review of the work of research staff.
- Establish, Install, maintain, operate and/or repair research equipment.
This position reports to the principal investigator or project leader. Specific duties should be listed on the position description portion of the RPA form.
For questions, please contact Joe Ashworth in Research Enterprise Business Services.