These written guidelines are a reference tool to help create a consistent look for materials written for and produced by the Division of Research. Both the division and the University use The Texas A&M University System style guidelines for written materials.
In correspondence (letters, emails, etc.), please use the following wording when referring to the division's offices and other units. Where applicable, centers/facilities are listed as well.
Unique references specific to the division, not covered by the A&M System Style Guide:
- Division of Research. The consortium of offices, centers and facilities. On second reference use "division" or "DOR." If using DOR, please be sure to include acronym after the first sentence reference (e.g., Division of Research (DOR)).
- Vice President for Research. The designation "VPR" indicates the Vice President for Research. If using VPR, please be sure to include acronym after the first reference (e.g., Vice President for Research (VPR)).
- Office of the Vice President for Research. The designation "OVPR" indicates the executive office of the vice president - the "specific" office. If using OVPR, please be sure to include acronym after the first reference (e.g., Office of the Vice President for Research (OVPR)).
Division of Research Offices
- Office of Business Administration
- Budget and Finance Office
- Human Resources Office
- Payroll Office
- Office of Communications and Public Relations
- Office of Information Technology Systems (IT)
- Office of Research Reporting
- (Research Development)
- Office of Research Administration
Commonly used first and second references of division centers/facilities:
- (MIC) / (MCF)
- (Research Park)